When you purchase shutters, it can be a significant investment. Not only do shutters provides curb appeal and light control, but they can also increase the value of your home. That is why it is so important to consider all the options and styles available carefully before purchasing.
Window Treats Inc. consultants will walk you through the process. Here are a few things to think about:
- Where are you installing your shutter? For example, you wouldn’t want to install a hardwood shutter in a high moisture area. A faux or Polysatin™ material would be a much better choice.
- How much view-through do you need. There are a variety of louver widths available today. If view is important, then you would want a larger style louver that will provide you the most view.
- What kind of functionality are you looking for? Are you interested in a traditional or contemporary look? Do you want a center tilt rod which is visible or do you want an invisible tilt control?
- Are your shutters going to be an inside or outside mount? The frame style choice will provide you with the look you desire.
- What kind of material are you interested in. Hardwood, wood composite or polystain™? Each has their own set of characteristics.